Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Epic Hiatus

Oh hey there! How are you? Long time no see! What have you been up to this past couple of MONTHS that has completely taken over your life? Me too.

HI EVERYONE, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and welcome back to The Library of Brittany. I am here today to put forth an official statement as to why the heck I've been gone for so long and to talk about the future. WOOHOO



Anyways the reason I've been gone so long is that, to be perfectly honest, I have had absolutely no time to even think about writing a blog post. Actually, that's a small lie. I THINK about writing a blog post almost daily, but I have no time to actually do so. I am SO sad that I have had to basically abandon this blog that I love so much for so long recently. I had such a great time this summer and into the beginning of September writing posts and working on videos. Even around Halloween, I had a BLAST with Halloween HandBOOK and the videos and posts that I was able to put out with that. But even Halloween HandBOOK was a bit of a struggle, and I was rushing to finish everything in time (but the good kind of rushing).

In the summer, I greatly overestimated the amount of time that I would have during a week to be able to write and edit blog posts and videos. This year I am a junior (?????) in grade 11 and it's pretty loaded. On top of that, I am a part of SO MANY extra curricular activities that I basically never get home from school on time. After then, I end up working on homework until I go to sleep, or I go to work. HEY had I even mentioned that I got a job? IT'S A GOOD ONE. I work at a Chapters in our local mall. (for those of you who don't know, Chapters is a Canadian bookstore chain) So that job rocks, and it's honestly so fun getting to work with books and other book lovers all day.

That being said, 2014 was an awesome bookish year for me! I completed my reading goal of 50 books (though my Goodreads account fails to see that and I'm still not sure why...), I met a couple of amazing authors, and, of course, I got to start this blog and meet some awesome people online.

The point of me telling you all this was NOT to complain, or to whine, or to apologize for my absence. To be frank, I'm not that sorry about it. I can't be. I personally value academics and extracurricular activities very highly, and I just ended up not having as much time as I would have liked. And I love being busy, and working hard towards lots of things for my future.

Though I do see book blogging as a part of my future, it is most definitely a fun past-time that I am doing for myself. Would I love to be able to make a name for myself doing it? Absolutely. Is that my goal? Absolutely not. As of now, I really just love to blog/vlog about books, and I'm enjoying myself by doing it on my own time.

For the coming year, I don't know what is going to happen, but I really hope that I can make this blog an important part of it. I love being a part of this community, and I really hope to reach out and meet more bloggers. Thank you to every single person who has viewed my blog over the past couple of months, you make my world. I'll see you soon.

Read on,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment