Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween HandBOOK: CAMP HALF-BLOOD T-SHIRT DIY!

DEMIGODS ONLY PAST THIS POINT.



Uh oh. The VERY FIRST quest you go on, and your favourite new Camp Half-Blood t-shirt gets fried to death and soaked by some freaking chimera! (Wasn't there also something about falling off a bridge?)  NEVER FEAR, I'm going to show you two ways to replace your beloved orange shirt and Chiron will never be the wiser. 


First thing's first. Here are the things you are going to need to buy:

1. A new shirt. (I got mine at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, they do not accept drachmas...)
2. Iron on T-shirt transfers (mine were from Staples. They also only take local currency.)
3. A new template for your logo. (Which I will ever so kindly show you how to make)
4. Some trivial stuff you'll also need are scissors (could be exchanged for a celestial dagger or sword, depending on your dexterity), an ink-jet printer, and an iron. 

Since I know this has probably been a lot of reading for your demigod brain that has been hard wired for Latin, I've laid out how to make the shirt in a nice video for you to watch. 


I sure hope that was helpful for you! Good luck at camp!

Now for all you mortals that came across this post in hopes of finding a Percy Jackson or Annabeth Chase costume tutorial, read on my friends!


 I mentioned in the video that I would also show you how to make the sweater that the Annabeth look-alike is wearing. It's a much more complicated process, but I used a silkscreen. The process for the template is exactly the same, but you just need to print it on regular printer paper. Then cut it out and silk screen as usual! (I'm not going to do a silkscreen tutorial, but I can! If you want to see one, leave a comment!)


And now... Here are my Percabeth models!Besides the shirts, you really only need minimal 'props.' For Percy, we just gave him a sword/ballpoint pen.
"This is a PEN"
 For Annabeth, none of us had a Yankees cap, so in lieu of that, we suggest that you use a hat from the local sports team, which are the Toronto Maple Leafs, in our case. 










"Really, Seaweed Brain?"

REALLY




Thanks to Nathan and Bryn for modeling for me!

Read on,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment